Have you been wishing that you could draw a face instead of copy someone elses?
Do you know in your heart, that more drawing skills will make it easier for you to make the art that you desire?
I am here to help!
I know that a lot of people explore simple printmaking processes, because they allow you to make some pretty wonderful art without needed to draw.
Yet somewhere along the way the desire to draw creeps in.
- Did not draw a lot as a kid
- Tried some drawing books and videos, but are still stumped
- Really would like to be able to draw with more satisfaction
This 3 lesson weekend workshop is designed:
- Help you move through some of the hurdles that may be stopping you from drawing
- Give you some tools to learn to see, activate your brain and
- Have fun learning to draw
- Turn line drawings into a trace monoprints
First Expand Your Definition of Drawing
Drawing is about making marks.
It can be photographically realistic, absolutely abstract or something in between.
Notice where you are on the drawing skills spectrum. Notice what type of drawings you admire.
Realize that this is a hand, eye, brain skill that you can learn. The key is to keep learning fun.
Ways that we are going to keep learning FUN:
- Use tracing to speed up the ability to flatten 3d into a 2d drawing
- Choose subjects that interesting and not too simple or too complex
- Look for what you like about your drawings
- Squeeze in 5 to 10 minute drawings whenever possible
- Give your drawings life by using them to make trace monoprints
Benefits of this drawing & printmaking class:
- You will be guided through short actionable videos
- You will practice in the comfort of your own home
- Yet have access to the classroom community
- The easy to follow videos can be watched over and over again as you need
- You will start with the skills that you have and
- See your drawing skills improve over time
- Learn where to look for ideas and help
- Get rid of the harsh judgement and support your skill building practice
- You will learn to see your environment in a new fresh way
- You will learn how to turn your drawings into trace monoprints
What this class is not:
- Not about exact perspective drawing
- Not about detailed realism with tonal shading
- Not a quick fix to a life long skill
- Not about creating a beautiful elaborate illustrator’s style sketchbook
(However, these skills may develop over time with much practice.)
Stay on the list for info on next session
What you get:
- 14 short actionable videos to get you drawing (closed captions available)
- Three days of lessons with supporting exercises
- Access to the private classroom for at least 6 months
- Ability to download videos to your computer for personal use for life
- Membership in the private Facebook group for sharing, and feedback
The Drawing and Printmaking Course details:
Next session June 15, 16, 17 2018
14 videos, 3 days of lessons,
6 months access to materials or download forever
See the suggested supplies list here.
FAQ’s are answered here.