I got a lot of feedback about what would be important to have in a mixed media printmakers retreat. I have been considering your desires carefully.
I think it is best to simplify and focus on one or two objectives. (Because we can always have another week long retreat.)
This is the plan so far:
- A week long online course to support you in dedicating a little more time to your art practice – starting August 26th, a Wednesday.
- Each day will begin with refreshing your mind set, be it, a walk, a writing, a mediation or other activity to support your commitment to your art retreat.
- The skill based focus of this course will be learning several book forms to transform those piles of prints into works of art.
- One week long project that I will offer is to develop a series of 8 prints that are heavily layered and revealed. Each day we will use a new method to develop the layers.
- Finally, I hope to create the retreat environment by supporting you in pulling an all nighter, listening to artist talks and finding an empowering way to critique your work.
If you have any questions about this online retreat, then please email me and I will be happy to help.