Gelatin Print Stencils
- can tear easily if they are just cut from paper.
- But no fear you can fix them.
- This stencil ripped as I was lifting it off the gelatin plate
- so I just used a little mat medium to glue it back together.
Cutting stencils can take some time so I want my masking stencils to last as long as they can. I shared some tips about stencil cutting in this post.
Best material for Stencils?
I can’t really say. It depends on what results you are looking for and if you want the ink to stick to the stencil or just be blocked by the stencil. So
- Try mylar
- drawing paper
- magazine pages
- card stock
- try coating the stencil with paint or medium several times
And decide what you like for the type of prints that you create.