Be more than a store bought stencil user.
Want to make stencils that are uniquely you? Make art that is like no one else?
And want to be able to repeat the mark over and over again.
Then this is the art class for you.
- Start to see shapes and shadow
- Learn to make stencils from your own photos
- Transform your art with stencils that you find or create
- Examine scale and location of stencil based art
- Make your hard work pay off
Class starts March 6th, 2017
Welcome to all things printmaking.
We have art classes and free information for many types of printmaking.
- Gelatin Plate Monotype printing – video here
- Relief Printing – types of prints
- Screen printing – gallery of images,
- Printing on Fabric – examples
All of these types of printing processes can be done without a press and in a home studio, aka “the kitchen table.”
We focus on on making marks, textures, patterns and layered images with found tools, stamps and stencils.
It is a great way to make some wonderful art with out needing to draw a lot. The more you explore and print, the more your skills will develop.
Printmaking is a way to maximize the drawing skills that you do have, by converting a sketch or drawing into a printing plate, stencil or stamp.
Read on and be inspired to join us in an online art class very soon, check out the printmaking workshop schedule here.