Gelatin Printmaking Class @ Museum of Printing
- Explore Gelatin Printing on paper with water based inks
- October 14, 2017
- 9 AM to 5 PM
- Live in person @ Museum of Printing
- 15 Thornton Ave, Haverhill, MA
- Course Fee – $150.00 to claim your space now click here and securely register through PayPal.
Who is this Gelatin Printmaking class for?
- Beginners to more advanced creatives will benefit from this workshop
- Teachers looking for classroom ideas
- Mixed media explorers who like to work fast
- Retired folks who are looking to fill their time creatively
Gelatin Printmaking is:
The focus of this workshop is gelatin plate monoprints with found object “stamps” and “stencils”. It is a wonderfully experimental process that gives results that vary from the abstract to the photographic.
The gelatin plate is made of food grade gelatin. This soft malleable gelatin is covered with ink, and then marks are made in the ink with found objects and stencils.
Finally paper is placed on top of the ink and pressed by hand. With each inking you can make one or two original prints, hence the name monoprints. Students will make colorful layered prints by working one color over another until a desired result is obtained. More info on the workshop page.
Securely register through PayPal $150.00